(ConfiForms) Can we create a field that accepts a link to a page and displays it as a hyperlink?

davin March 30, 2021

Hello,

New to ConfiForms and trying to figure out its intricacies.

I want to add a field that accepts a webpage URL and then displays it as a Hyperlink along with all the other fields information in TableView.

Eg: The form will have a field where the user inputs "google.com" and in the TableView this link gets displayed as "Link". 

Also, is there a way to select a Confluence Page in the same space as a field entry using the page browser that we have by default in Confluence when using the link function on a page? My goal is to basically accept a Confluence Page link into the form.

@@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ Would appreciate your expertise on this. Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hi

You can have a "Page/Blogpost" field on your form that does exactly that - stores a reference to the page and autosuggests when you start typing (can be set to lookup only in a certain space - parameter on ConfiForms Field Definition macro)

Displaying general links is very easy - no matter what field type you choose - can be a text field and then.. when you create a view over your data you can use asLink virtual function to render it as link - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions 

Alex

davin March 30, 2021

Thank you so much Alex. This was exactly what I was looking for!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

I see there is an option saying "Hide Space Key from View" but it doesn't really change anything.

What do you mean it does not change anything? It hides the space key from the "view"... not from the page lookup! Just like the parameter label says

Save the record and then see how it gets rendered in a view (TableView/CardView/etc)

davin March 30, 2021

Yes, I figured that part out. But I was hoping for a way to hide the Space Key when an user searches for a page. As I have already restricted the field to search in a specific space, I don't want it to pop up while someone is filling up the form.

Its a minor issue. Was just wondering if its possible. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2021

Not at the moment, sorry

Like davin likes this
davin March 30, 2021

Thank you so much nonetheless!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events