ConfiForm: Combine Two Math Operations for one Formula field

Matthew Fulton April 13, 2021

I have a formula field that needs to add the numeric value of the 12 other fields. Not all of the 12 fields will always be filled out. It will be a total amount field summing up 12 months of expenses. The issue is that if there is no entry the field should be rendered as 0; which uses this math operation method:

FORMATNUMBER(ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.f1]"), "###,###.##")

But I have 12 of these fields and was wondering if this method works:

FORMATNUMBER(ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqoct]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqnov]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqodec]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqojan]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqfeb]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqmar]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqapr]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqmay]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqjun]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqjul]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqaug]","###,###.##", ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqsep]","###,###.##")

The second half of the question is combining this above formula with the addition of the monthly numbers:

[entry.reqoct]+[entry.reqnov]+[entry.reqdec]+[entry.reqjan]+[entry.reqfeb]+[entry.reqmar]+[entry.reqapr]+[entry.reqmay]+[entry.reqjun]+[entry.reqjul]+[entry.reqaug]+[entry.reqsep]

All of the monthly fields are set as Numeric Fields and the Total Amount field is a formula. I am not sure how to combine these formulas into one single field or if I need multiple fields.

Any suggestions on this issue would be appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi

You need to do something like this (put, just 3 fields in teh example, but hope you understand the idea)

FORMATNUMBER(ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqoct]")+ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqnov]")+ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.reqdec]"),"###,###.##")

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events