'Conditional' approval while creating a request

Sivakumar Kunjithapatham June 5, 2021

I have set up a workflow with a Open status requiring Approval. This means who ever creates a request, it will go for Approval as per the approvers list. Once approved by the user in the approver list, the status of the request will change to Assign.

But if a request is created directly by the user who is also a Approver, then I don't want to go through the approval step again. The status has to change to Assign. Currently, it is coming in the same queue of the Approver (who was incidentally the user who also created the request), asking for Approval. How to directly get it approved in such conditions?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Sivakumar Kunjithapatham  - Not sure that I completely follow the scenario yet, but what if you created an Automation rule for Issue Created.

Then add an Advanced Compare Compare condition that compares the Reporter field to the Approver field. 

Then add a new action under the Condition for Approve/Decline Request (Under the JSM Section in automation).

Sivakumar Kunjithapatham June 7, 2021

Thanks a lot John. It worked !!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2021

Could you clarify which product your question is related to? I suppose it is Jira automation or Jira Service Management?

Sivakumar Kunjithapatham June 6, 2021

The product is JIRA service management. 

If this requirement can be solved using JIRA automation component, it will be great. I went through all the triggers/components in JIRA automation. Couldn't find an appropriate trigger.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events