It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Complex JQL query

Sushma Nagaraj Oct 10, 2018

Hello Team,

1) I have a project ABC which has links to issues in project XYZ and EFG. I would like to query and find out all the issues in both XYZ and EFG which are linked to issues in project ABC. Is it possible have a nested query or something? I know this is possible by using something like project = "XYZ" and issue in linkedIssues("ABC-123"). But I would not like to get the linked issue using the project key but instead the project itself.

2) Also if we could use project = "XYZ" and issue in linkedIssues("ABC-123")  can the parameter for linkedIssues be a value of a variable rather than issue key itself.

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev [cPrime] Community Leader Oct 10, 2018

Hello,

You can not create such a JQL query out of the box. You would need an add-on.

For example, you could use the JQL Search Extensions for Jira add-on.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214791/jql-search-extensions-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You JQL query would look like this:

project = ABC and issue in links("project = XYZ")

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

394 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you