Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Comparing time between status transition and issue created

I am trying to using Automation to compute the time between when an issue was created to when it has been transitioned to a specific workflow status.

When I attempt to get the value displayed in prettyPrint:{{setTimeZone("Australia/Brisbane")}} {{now.diff(issue.created).prettyPrint}}

I get this error:
Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:Failed to get value for now.diff(issue.created).prettyPrint: {{setTimeZone("Australia/Brisbane")}} {{now.diff(issue.created).prettyPrint}}

I then tried getting value displayed in minutes:
{{setTimeZone("Australia/Brisbane")}} {{now.diff(issue.created).minutes}}

Although this kinda works, the value is correct but shows as a minus, e.g. -34. As it has been 34 minutes between now and the issue being created, I would've expected it to show as 34.

Any ideas around why:

1) prettyPrint doesn't work?

2) My minutes value is being shown as a minus?

Thanks!

1 answer

Hi @Simon Geer 

As other alternative solution, you can try app Time Between Statuses which automatically calculates data you need. It will let you set the start, stop and pause timer preferences. Also, with this instrument, you can monitor the visual colour tagging on the issues where the time limits are passed.

Best regard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

265 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you