Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Compare custom fields in two different projects

Hi,

I enjoy using Automation for Jira, and it has helped with a number of things I need to do.  Currently, I am trying to figure out a way to compare a field in two different issues.  They are both defined as text fields.   

Project A: TI Serial Number     Project B: PR Serial number

I tried JQL, and simple compares, and not having any luck.

I want to take the value from Project A issue, and compare it to ALL the Project B issues with the same value.  There should only be 1 match.  When the match occurs, I want to link the 2 issues together. 

Ex.  Project A TI Serial number is 123-45-6789  for a particular issue TI-10

Project B had 20 issues, with unique random serial number, with one of the issues having the serial number 123-45-6789. (Issue PR-13). When that issue if found, I want to link the issue in project A to the issue found in project B.  So there is a link between TI-10 and PR-13.

Any pointers, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Ken Klawiter 

1 answer

Not an answer.
I just simply have the same challenge ahead :)
Would greately appreciate some brilliant ideas.

Regards,
Piotrek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

102 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you