Common stories across story maps

Vivek Sharma July 23, 2017

Hi,

How can I best manage my common stories across different story maps? For example, I have a user story for signing into the system, but following that, I have different story maps for different modules that are available for users. Shall I exclude the epic of accessing the module from my story maps or repeat the user story in each story map?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

Hi @Vivek Sharma, great question.

Just to confirm; 

• several story maps which combined comprise one single system
  • user story for signing in to the system is 'ABC-123', for example
  • ABC-123 may appear in one or more story maps

In this case the epic that ABC-123 is associated with can be present in multiple story maps. One approach to creating multiple story maps plus a roll up is detailed in Represent story map activities as JIRA components

An alternative approach is to have one larger roll up story map which comprises all epics and then use quick filters to narrow down the story map on an as needs basis. Details of this are shared in Quick Filters on the Story Map.

Please share your findings. Eager to learn how you proceed.

Thanks Vivek,
Nick Muldoon, Easy Agile

Vivek Sharma July 31, 2017

Good Day @Nick Muldoon

Thank you for your response. I decided to go with representing story map activities as JIRA components.

I cannot see quick filters on the Story Map. Am I missing something? I could not find anything in settings that would allow me to turn them on for Story Map.

Thanks

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hi @Vivek Sharma,

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

We have a list of the API limitations we face in Jira Cloud and Quick Filters are one of them. If you could vote and comment on JSWCLOUD-7393 to show your support that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Vivek, have a great day,
Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events