Commit show too many commits

Svante Gustafsson January 31, 2020

Hey,

I am playing around with the official Slack plugin for Btbucket and I have two questions.

My Bitbucket service is behind a firewall so I will have to accept the limited feature set but that is ok for now. I tried to follow the instructions in the docu provided by creating a new app and configuring it manually. The docu seems to be a bit out-dated and things have moved around in Slack a bit. But I think I got everything in place.

Trying to create the link in Bitbucket resulted though in an error message that the format of the JSON was wrong. I have seen many posts about this but no solution other than this might be fixed for the JIRA version of this plugin last fall. But it seems Bitbucket still has this problem.

I tried to go with the Basic setup instead and use the Bitbucket Server app that is already available in Slack and this worked fine. I have the connection up and running now.

When I tried this I noticed that a post inn my Slack channel said "my-name pushed 7+ commits to ..." even though I just pushed one commit. It does this every time. Does anyone have a clue why this is the case?

Cheers,

bitbucket-slack-tests.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events