Comala Workflows retrieve process owner mentioned on page

Kerstin Stäheli January 30, 2019

actually I have set up a space workflow for several docs with a certain label. So far so good. Draft documents need to be technically checked and will then either be updated and approved by the technical reviewer or rejected and send back to draft/editor. After technical approval it comes to formal updates by formal reviewer who then publishes the docs. The technical reviewer is a group of process owners. But only one of the process owners is responsible for each document/page to be approved.  The process owner is mentioned on the page. Is it possible to retrieve the processowner mentioned on a confluence page (e.g via get metadata) and just send a review notification to the single processowner instead of whole group automatically when status is forwarded from draft to tech review? Once the document is approved or rejected the editor should be informed, in case of approval also the formal reviewer. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hey @Kerstin Stäheli, and alternative approach to using Metadata would be to use Workflows Parameters, which allows users to select specific approvers from a pre-defined list every time a workflow is applied to a page. You can learn more about parameters here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CWL/workflowparameter+macro

Kerstin Stäheli January 30, 2019

Thank you for this hint. But from a pre-defined list the user can choose already. It would be easier for the user, if the workflow is automatically forwarded to the correct, somehow retrieved procecess owner. Any ideas?

Caroline Adams January 31, 2019

Hi @Kerstin Stäheli - I believe this is what you're looking for: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CWL/Page+Property+References

Kerstin Stäheli February 2, 2019

Thank you, that is exactly what I need. Unfortunately it does not work if there is a panel makro around the page property makro. Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events