Column Limit with Jira Cloud to Excel App?

kdugas April 9, 2021

I perform Verification Activities and have build a process the will Build Requirement and Story Traceability reports from developers' Jira Instances.  To get the links, I had to export to the HTML format (All Fields) for each query group, convert to Excel, extract the fields into a consistent format of columns, combine the approximately 15 extracts (based on record limits for the developers' instance) into a single table and then run my analysis process.  I was looking for a user side add-in that would allow me to pull the data directly from Jira to Excel.  The following app did allow the extract using dropdown of my available queries that were built within Jira.  I went through adding fields to my select list. The issue was that after selecting approximately 40 fields , the query brought back only the first 25 of the selected fields.  

Is this something that I did wrong, a product limitation, version limitation?  

The product does exactly what I need to do, if I can customize the selected columns to capture all the required information.

See here for the official Jira Cloud to Excel export:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221301/jira-cloud-for-excel-official

Thank you in advance for any feedback. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

@kdugas Welcome to community.  I tested and was not able to create the same issue in cloud.  Are you still having the issue?  What browser and excel version are you using?  Also when you say that the fields are not showing is it the content or the actual fields at the top?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events