Code Macro plugin with Confluence 5.2.3+

FinalX August 26, 2013

Hello!

I'm currently happily running Confluence 5.1.5 in production and equally happily using the Code Macro plugin on virtually every page on my install.

However, the Code Macro plugin is only set to support 5.1.5 as the latest. Could you please let me/us know if there are plans to make it 5.2.x compataible, or that it's perhaps included in Confluence now and therefore obsolete? I'm reluctant to upgrade Confluence :)

Kind regards,

Daniël Mostertman

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Hi Daniel,

It was simply a clerical error that the Code Macro plugin is not listed as compatible with Confluence 5.2.3 on the Marketplace - I've now updated this on the relevant page.

The Code Macro plugin is actually included by default with Confluence, so if you upgrade to Confluence 5.2.3 you'll automatically get the latest version of this add-on.

Cheers!

FinalX August 27, 2013

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the quick response :) And I'm happy to hear that it's just that.

It might be out of scope for this issue, but I assume the same is true for the following plugins:

• RB Storage - Confluence (org.randombits.storage.confluence)
  • RB Storage - Core (org.randombits.storage)
  • RB Storage - Servlet (org.randombits.storage.servlet)
  • RB Support - Confluence (org.randombits.support.confluence)
  • RB Support - Core (org.randombits.support.support-core)
  • Share Page (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.share-page)

The Share Page is also maintained by Atlassian, but I don't remembering installing the RB ones myself (I'm the only user of my Confluence installation, but that doesn't mean my memory can't have abandoned me :)).

I hope you or someone else of the team could also shine a light on them? The Code Macro plugin is now reporting as compatible since your reponse, so my original issue has been answered and fixed ;-)

Kind regards,

Daniël

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2013

The Share Page plugin was in the same boat - I've updated it. The "RB <blah>" plugins are not written by Atlassian, but by a third party vendor. They are support plugins that usually get installed automatically when they are required by another plugin.

Do you have any third-party plugins installed? They are probably part of one of those, and you'll need to contact the individual vendor to find out about Confluence compatibility.

0 votes
FinalX August 27, 2013

Hi again Joseph,

Thanks for fixing up the Share Page plugin; about the others:

The only custom plugins I've installed are:

• Bob Swift Software - Table Sorter Library (org.swift.confluence.tablesorter)
  • RefinedWiki Mobile Interface (com.refinedwiki.confluence.plugins.mobile)
  • RefinedWiki Original Theme (com.refinedwiki.confluence.plugins.theme.original)

These all report as being compatible with 5.2.3; I'm kinda assuming the RB ones are leftovers from plugins I've had installed before (I've tried out some other third-party plugins in the past), but I can't see dependencies I think, so I can't be sure.

Daniël

FinalX August 27, 2013

I've just disabled them now :)

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2013

Sure, that's a good way to test if you need them. Leave them disabled for a while, and if nothing, breaks, it's probably OK to just un-install them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events