Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cloud alternative to these server plugins

Hello guys,

I am planning the migrations of plugins from Jira server to Jira Cloud and I was wondering if there were cloud alternatives to the following plugins, as they are not available on Jira Cloud :

1. Column Order Gadget Plugin
  2. Confluence Issue Tab Plugin
  3. Configuration Manager Core Bundle
  4. Integrity Check for JIRA
  5. JIRA Calendar Plugin
  6. JIRA Charting Plugin
  7. JIRA Gerrit Plugin
  8. JIRA Threaded Comments
  9. JIRA Toolkit Plugin
  10. JQL Booster Pack
  11. LastLog for Jira
  12. MyGroovy
  13. Shared Manager
  14. SSO for Atlassian Data Center

If you know as well where can I find this type of information, that would be helpful.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jul 12, 2021

Hi @Ronan Lepee ,

It's not gonna be easy to just throw a list back to you with the perfect alternative on Cloud.

The best way for you is to describe/analyze the functionality of those plugins and then see what you can find for that specific use case in a Cloud plugin.

It could even be that some of these functions exist out of the box on Cloud or not at all.

The one that I can easily check of your list is 14. SSO for Atlassian DC. You'll have to look towards Atlassian Access for that as it is the only way to provide any type of SSO on the Cloud environment.

I agree with Dirk - there is no direct way to "replace" any of those.  The functionality from a load of them is possible to add to Cloud, but it's smeared across other apps.

Some of the calendar and charting, and most of the Jira Toolkit are built into Cloud systems.  You don't need the integrity check in Cloud.  Some of the functionality of the rest could be replaced with a mix of Automation and Scriptrunner or Autoblocks (or a couple of other scripting type apps for which you'd need to learn even more new languages).  And so-on.

Best bet, as Dirk says, is to look at what you are doing with the apps and look at Cloud to see if it already does it, and if not, then identify the best Cloud app for meeting that function.  While you're there, also consider if you really need it - we find a lot of people moving to Cloud identifying functions they're not using any more, or were done for one person's convenience and they've left...

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Thanks both of you for your response, I will follow your advices.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

🤺 Atlympic Event: Partnerships

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

15 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you