Clone completed "form" from Jira Service Management to Jira Work Management

Katya Epifanova March 28, 2022

I have a request to which I attach a form (from "Forms" in Project Settings), which is then filled out and submitted. This creates an epic in my Service Management project, which I need to duplicate/clone to a project in Jira Work Management with the filled out form.

I can't figure out how to get the data in the filled out form moved to the Jira WM project without custom fields. Is this even possible?

If it is not possible, where is the data in the completed form stored?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Andrews August 24, 2022

@Katya Epifanova unfortunately you cannot clone a form from one project to another, this functionality does not exist at present.

I still wanted this functionality so I instead mirrored the form using text entry fields for the request type, the requester is still presented with a form to fill in, albeit put together differently in the Jira configuration.

I then created an automation rule that upon creation of the service portal ticket the description was edited to include all of the information in the description of the ticket similar to the following;

Trigger: When issue created
Condition: Request Type = Your request type
Action: Edit issue fields (description)

Form field 1
{{issue.text field 1}}

Form field 2
{{issue.form field 2}}

Form field 3
{{issue.form field3}}

A second automation rule is then present to clone the ticket as follows;

Trigger: Field value changed
-Fields to monitor : Description
-Change type : Any changes to this field
-For: Edit issue
Action: Clone issue
-Project: Destination project
-Issue Type: Destination issue type
-Summary: Destination summary
-Fields set: Fields you wish to populate

I do not use any conditions on the clone, but I might change that so that the rule on triggers on "automation by Jira" rather than a user based edit.

The reason I did the above was to avoid populating every potential destination project with additional text based fields, and to collate the information in a single, easy to read way for the request owner to complete.

I hope that's of some help if you still wanted some way to get around the inability to clone forms.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events