Checklist option for JIRA that allows notes/comments and image uploads

gordon.riordon September 3, 2020

As part of our launch process, we execute sub-tasks for staging/production QA via automation. I'm trying to find a solution for QA sub-tasks where specific actions need to be executed (checklist) and notes and images are necessary to validate the execution. I looked into XRay, but it appears XRay can't operate in sub-tasks as we need. I've looked into several checklist applications but I'm not able to find any that allow for notes at the line item level. Our goal is to simplify the UI on these QA requirements so sub-tasks do not need to be generated for each step within the QA process (consolidating all steps into a single sub-task, rather than creating unique sub-tasks for each step).

As an example, one of our "checklist" line items would be to verify our QA documentation has been updated (which is stored in a secured drive). I would want the checklist to read as "Verify QA documentation has been stored", and upon checking that item as completed the user would then insert the link to the drive location where the documentation is stored.

As another example, we would request in the checklist to capture and store screenshots of the payload request, so we would want users to check this off as completed and upload that screenshot into the sub-task.

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

Hi @gordon.riordon 

The app my company makes, Elements Checklist, could meet your needs.

You can create checklists with a number of different attributes, including text fields, select lists, date pickers, user pickers, and file pickers. You can create a template with all the standard tasks that should be completed for QA subtasks, and then it can be added to the issue.

Here's a quick mock up of what it could look like. I combined both of your examples to show how a user could add a link as well as how you can associate issue attachments with tasks in the checklist. The order of the columns can be changed (put the check on the left for example).

Elements Checklist for QA examples.png

If you create a template, all the tasks in the left column can be preconfigured, and then the user just needs to add the link or associate the file for the screenshot.

Let me know if you have any questions about how this could work for you.

Laura

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events