It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changing the background image for Master Page Section

Markus Paaso Feb 12, 2013

Hi,

I set the background image for 'Contents' section of Master Page using the Section Designer. After publishing the changes I cannot any more access the Section Designer. There appears just an alert box with message 'Sorry, an error occurred'. I added the section background image with PageTitle^myimage.jpg format and background image is shown correctly. Is this a Zen bug or something else?
The used Zen version is 5.2.5 with Confluence 4.3.5.

Regards, Markus

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Duke Mar 04, 2013

Hi Markus,

Sorry for the delay... this one slipped past us!

You can try reverting the page to a previous version to work around the issue. Or try using the Edit Entire Page option (under the Page menu in the toolbar), and edit the background parameters on that section in the macro. (But don't edit normally this way . . . Zen is picky about section order, IDs, and not having stuff outside of sections.)

We haven't seen that error happen, so perhaps double-check the page and attachment name (though normally it simply won't display). If there was anything printed to either of the logs, please send and we can help troubleshoot.

Finally, with newer Confluence versions, there is a quirk to be aware of when dealing with images on master pages. The issue and solution are described here: http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Broken+Links+and+Images+on+.zen+Pages

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Join our webinar: “Asset Management: The Role of Context in ITSM” with Atlassian & Riada

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Jira Service Desk team. On June 19th, I’ll be hosting a webinar “Asset Management: The Role of Context in ITSM” with Atlassian Partne...

263 views 2 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you