Changing issue names and the impact on my EazyBI reporting

Stu October 16, 2018

Hi, I have EazyBI reporting and really love it, it's very powerful.

I have 2 issue types called: Initiative and PoC. In Jira, I want to merge these two issue types and convert them to a new issue type called 'workstream'. But I'm concerned about the impact this will have with my historical data for reporting.

I have an EazyBI report that displays how many 'PoC' and 'Initiatives' that have are in the status' to do, 'in progress', and 'done'. 

If I make the change above, will this destroy my historical reporting in EazyBI for PoC and Initiative issues - which is highly undesirable? or will I get an aggregated result for PoC and Initiative represented as 'workstream'?

I have many PoC issues and a few Initiatives, what if I just changed the name of the PoC issue in my Jira config to 'Work-Stream'.  Meaning I wouldn't covert the PoC issue to a 'workstream' issue, but change its' name.  Would I get a report which would be a name change from PoC to Workstream?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Hi There,

You can move the tickets to work stream and it should keep all the historical data. Then you have to update the pages/filters to show worksteam in your reports.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events