Changes in Zephyr Test Details are not tracked in issue history

Loredana May 15, 2013

Hi all,

When editing/changing the Test Details in a Zephyr Test Issue, there is no tracking of these changes in the History or in the Activity Stream, nor is the "Update Date" for the test issue updated.

We would need this feature for traceability. Is it some kind of setting somewhere that we are missing?

Many thanks!

10 answers

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to take the time to update this thread. We now currently offer test step history tracking in the test issue as of Zephyr for JIRA 2.5.

Regards,

Daniel

#FFFFFF April 4, 2017

Hi Daniel,

We are considering to use Zephyr into a regulated development process, so we would need version control for the zephyr tests.
We are using the Zephyr for JIRA 3.2.2. version.

The test step history doesn't track the modifications of the test steps (like Jira does in History).
This is considered as a feature request or a bug?
Can you help us with any information please?
Thank you kindly, Fabiola.

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Hi Fabiola,

Currently, we track who made a change, when, and what the change was. Can you add any additional details on what you would like to see here included?

Danny Nguyen October 17, 2019

Hi Daniel,

We are also looking to view the change history on test step fields.  We followed the links to see the history available through 'General Information', but ran into a few problems.  We have several projects that share an instance of Zephyr for JIRA Cloud.  Is it possible to filter the results to only look at one project vs. all projects?  It doesn't look like that's a filterable field.

In addition, is there a way to export the change history?  Right now I could only get the UI to display 240 records.  That only takes us back 1 week worth of changes.  We'd like to be able to see the changes going back ~6 months.

Thanks!

0 votes
EmN September 23, 2014

Hi Chris,

I have used your zephyr add-on in testing license, Your add on is very useful, but there is a problem, When i update Test result or Test step result, I can't see it in Tests Detail History Tab. I can only see these actions in Admin zone.

Did your add-on support this feature ? If yes, how can I enable it ?

Thanks

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2013

Hi Julio,

We do have a goal of making the information more accessable for all users. However I can not be specific on how it will be implemented.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
JulioV October 28, 2013

Hi,

By accessible to everyone, is the hope to include this detail in the issue history/activity in the View Issue screen along with all the other Issue (since a test is just an issue) edits?

And does this mean the "Updated" date will change now when just the test steps are edited?

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2013

Hello,

ZFJ 2.0 introduced support of change history to test step edits and other actions. Currenlty, it is displayed in Administration/Add-Ons/Zephry for JIRA-General Information.

We understand this location isn't accessable to everyone, and will make it accessable in more locations in the future.

A second place it is currenlty available is from ZAPI 1.0.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
JulioV October 28, 2013

Also ran into this feature/bug in Zephyr. Would like to JQL tests that have had their steps updated recently, but changes to steps do not update the last modified date (which to me is a bug).

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2013

Hey All,

We do not have an ETA for the feature. If the feature is added and an ETA is available we always post it to our blog as an announcement. The best way to keep up to date on things like this is to check out our blog every so often:

http://blogs.yourzephyr.com/

Stay Tuned!

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Hi Loredana,

We've passed this request onto the developement team. They'll make the decision based on the frequency of request related to the work involved and the priorities of other feature requests. This is as best answer we have at this point.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Loredana May 26, 2013

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer. Is there a way to watch this issue? How can I find out about the given priority and ETA?

Many thanks again!

Loredana

Loredana June 27, 2013

Hi Chris,

Is there an estimated time of arrival for this issue?

Many thanks!

Loredana

Robert Laviolette August 12, 2013

This feature would be really appreciated to know exactly which steps had been executed in the past when looking at execution history. Knowing that a case has pass in the past is useful, but not so much if we dont have details about steps involved at that time.

0 votes
Loredana May 20, 2013

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer. May I ask when can we expect this feature? How is your feature request list prioritised or what priority does this feature have on that list?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Loredana

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Hi Loredana,

The histroy isn't currenlty recorded and integrated with JIRA history. We use a seperate database for the step information. I'll add this to the feature request list.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Loredana May 20, 2013

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer. May I ask when can we expect this feature? How is your feature request list prioritised or what priority does this feature have on that list?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Loredana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events