Change view restriction through bot automation

Benjamin Prenom October 21, 2020

Hi everyone,

I'd like to update a task restriction through bot automation.

When the task is in column A, it's restricted to Jack and Joe.
When the task gets moved to column B, I'd like this not to be restricted anymore but visible by all users on this board.
The other way around, when the task gets moved back to column A, I'd like to apply the restriction to Jack and Joe again. 

Can you please let me know how to proceed? I know how to set the condition for this bot but I don't find action to "edit the restrictions".

Many thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

Hi @Benjamin Prenom

Sounds like you need issue level security.

You can set up a specific level for Jack & Joe and when the issue moves to column A use the automation to "edit issue" and set that specific security level.

When it is moved to another column just clear the security level and it will be visible for everyone.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html 

Benjamin Prenom November 5, 2020

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans

Thanks so much for your reply! I don't have the admin rights of my working environment hence I'll reach out to our IT team to set this up.
I'll reply on this thread as soon as it's done to confirm your suggestion works. That might help somebody else in the future ;)

Thanks,
Ben.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events