Change state of the linked ticket in another project

Máté January 19, 2023

Hi guys,

i would need help about the following situation:

We as a company have 2 projects, 1 for customer tickets and 1 for the IT tickets.

We often link customer tickets to the IT tickets.

Via automatization is it possible to change the status (from waiting for IT to waiting for support for example) of the customer ticket (first project) WHICH IS LINKED to the IT ticket (second project) when somebody from our IT changes the Assigned resolver/agent field in their project?  

Thanks for your help!

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2023

Hi @Máté 

Yes it is possible to automate transfer of information or transitioning linked issues. Check this screenshot of a similar rule.

linked-issue.pngI have made a video describing how to configure this rule. Apart from transitioning you can also add a comment on the original ticket. I recently did a webinar on ITSM using JSM and showed this example and also covered other concepts.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Máté January 21, 2023

Hi,

WOW! Now I understand yes, awesome. I tried to set it up, now whenever some of our IT guys changes the state to Done/Rejected the linked support ticket will change its state to To do for our support agents :blush: 

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Mate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events