Change reporter on creation

Josh Smith March 9, 2017

I'm setting up a JIRA Service Desk with Project Automation add-on. I would like to create a rule that will change the Reporter/Creator of a request when it is created.

For example, we have some external notifications that originate alerts from do-not-reply addresses. I want to change those reports to an agent account when the issue is created to avoid the ping-pong messages from the do-not-reply addresses responding that they do not accept messages.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

Hi Josh,

You should be able to do this with a compare condition and the edit issue action fairly easily.

Here's an example rule:

Project automation - Code Barrel JIRA 2017-03-10 13-25-52.png

So when a service desk issue is created, we check if the current reporter's email address matches the .*no-reply.* regular expression.

If that's the case, then we edit the reporter and set them to the user with username 'admin' in the example above.

We haven't added the reporter field to the simple form above yet, so for now you need this advanced block:

{
    "fields": {
        "reporter": {"name":"admin"}
    }
}

Substitute 'admin' with the username of the user you'd like to set as the agent.

Cheers,

Andreas

Josh Smith March 10, 2017

That worked perfectly. Thank you!

Ed Cuc February 12, 2020

Hello, how do I get to the advanced block setting for my JIRA service desk instance on the Atlassian hosted cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events