Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change generator for multiple folders in structure Jira

Hi everyone, 

I have multiple folders in my structure like this

Folder A

Folder A.1

epic 1

story 1

story 2

epic 2

Folder A.2

Folder B

Folder B.1

Folder B.2

For each last folder I inserted all stories and tasks that contain a certain label and I grouped these stories based on their epic link. 

So for example, Folder A.1 inserts all stories/tasks with label A.1. While, Folder A and B are just only used for the clustering of the folders. 

However when I want to adjust something, like I want to filter all stories with fix version 1. Then I have to manually adjust it for each folder, like Folder A.1. This is very time invasive.

My question therefore is:

Is there a way to add a generator, for example group all issues by fix version, to all selected folders at the same time? 

Some background why I use the folders:

This structure is created to provide an overview of all the work, because there are multiple teams of different projects with different ways of working. Hence, we use labels to create some common ground. However, in addition all issues for the project are linked to epic's in one project. But these epic's are still to detailed to provide a high over view. That's why we use these folders. 

Other tips or ways of working are appreciated as well! 

1 answer

Hi Jasmijn, 

If I understood the scenario correctly, I think we should be able to achieve your goal by placing the Group by Fix Version/s generator at the top level of your hierarchy (above all the folders).

To do so, select the top level-row of your hierarchy (where it displays your structure's name) and select:

Automation > + > Group > Fix Version/s

Note: When applying this option, manually set the generator to work on the appropriate level. In your scenario, I think it should probably be level 3.

I hope that helps.

(Thank you for using Structure).

Mario O.G

[ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

209 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you