Cannot locate Jira ID

colin September 24, 2021

We are trying to setup our Jira Plugin for Microsoft Teams and we cannot get past this point:

Please enter Jira ID to connect to your Jira Server instance.

Jira ID is a unique identifier generated by Jira Server for Microsoft Teams app installed for Jira. It can be found in app settings after installation on Jira Server and should be provided to users by Jira admin. Learn more.

Jira ID

Can you please provide detailed instructions on getting the Jira ID from our Microsoft Teams for JIRA plugin?  It is not available in the configuration Screen.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2021

@colin 

Are you a Jira Admin on the application?  Can you access the settings / Configuration page for the app?  Are you on Server if so you will see the ID?  If you are on cloud make sure you install the correct desktop application - https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/wa200002140?tab=overview

colin September 27, 2021

Hi Brant thanks for your reply...I am an Admin.  When I goto the configuration page there is no JIRA ID shown.  Is this because I'm using the cloud version?  Maybe the plugin doesn't work with the Cloud version?

TeamsConfig.JPG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

If you are on the cloud version there is no prompt for an ID.  Make sure the application you installed on your desktop is the cloud version.  The link is above.  

colin September 27, 2021

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear, I'm getting that prompt from the Jira Server plugin in Teams, Not from the Jira cloud plugin.  Again maybe this type of integration isn't supported with the cloud version?  I would just like a specific teams channel to get notifications when new issues are created....

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2021

@colin if you are using a Jira cloud instance you need to make sure that you use the Jira Cloud Plugin.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217836/microsoft-teams-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Once you install that you can then install the app on your computer which has to be the cloud version - https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/wa200002140?tab=overview

colin September 27, 2021

Yes both are installed....

colin September 27, 2021

All i'm trying to do is notify a teams channel when a new bug is created.  I have a webhook created....I feel like I'm off in the weeds....

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2021

Were you able to get it to connect?

colin September 27, 2021

Yes its connected....but that was never really the problem to be honest.  I was attempting to install the jira server connector (In Teams) to attempt to setup a channel to automatically receive notifications when a new issue is created, is that functionality available in the Cloud Plugin?

colin September 28, 2021

Ok got this figured out.   The problem we ran into was that the connector interface from within the Teams application is currently broken (the "Add" button does nothing, several posts about this).  There is a work-around which is to use the web version of the application.  The configure button is active and working when using the web interface...I was able to properly setup the connector and its now posting new issues to the channel as desired.   Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events