Cannot create a test because description not accept Atlassian Document Format

DucDM7 May 9, 2023

Hi all,

I cannot create a test using Xray Cloud GraphQL because of the following error:

Issue create failed! - description: Operation value must be a string

Details:
I followed the official document from Xray Cloud GraphQL to construct a query to create a test:

https://xray.cloud.getxray.app/doc/graphql/createtest.doc.html

This document states that "Check this Jira endpoint for more information related with this field."
The Jira Cloud REST api v3 actually supports Atlassian Document Format for "description" field.
However, when I tried the following GraphQL query, the error happened:
1.png2.png
Could you all please have a check and give me your idea?
Many thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hi @DucDM7 - welcome to the community,

first question:

- does your {{BASE_URL}} point to https://xray.cloud.getxray.app ?

Furthermore:
As the documentation points out Jira rest api v3  supports ADF but this version is in beta plus I´m not sure if xray graphQL api communicates to V3 or V2.

assuming this have you tried to "just" add the description as another line within the "fields" node? I checked this in my system and the following worked:

jira: {

fields: {

summary: "Exploratory Test",

description: "Here comes the description text",

project: {key: "CALC"}

}

}

Best
Stefan

DucDM7 May 22, 2023

Hi @Stefan Salzl

My {{BASE_URL}} exactly points to https://xray.cloud.getxray.app.

I originally tried to construct "description" field as a single line in fields node and it worked fine too. But my requirement is to construct "description" filed to display a table OR to insert a picture OR other complicated formats....

Note that, you can do it easily on any jira ticket on jira website:

1.png

However, I need a way to do it via GraphQL API as I mentioned earlier.

Please help us on this topic.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @DucDM7 

I´m really sorry. I tried everything I could. couldn´t figure out what and where it´s going wrong. I just get the same error message. 

Strange thing: I once did a copy-paste mistake and copied a project key that doesn´t exist in my system. The call then stopped there with the error message that the project could not be found.

From my point of view there is something going wrong and I would suggest to contact the vendor´s support for further input and/or investigation.

In case they provide you an answer or a solution would you please be so kind to share it here?

Best
Stefan

DucDM7 May 23, 2023

Hi @Stefan Salzl

As stated by Xray support team, this feature is currently NOT supported.

They created a suggestion (https://jira.getxray.app/browse/XRAYCLOUD-6061) in order to gather more needs on this and might work on it in the future.

I have a vote on this ticket.

Please have your vote too.

Thank you so much for your dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Duc Dang

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Hi @DucDM7 

thanks for sharing this feedback. IMHO the documentation seems a bit irritating or at least it should state that the ADF is not supported by graphQL.

Would you be so kind to either accept this thread or post your feedback as a new answer and accept this one in order to mark the question as solved to make it easier for other users when faced with similar problems?

Best
Stefan

DucDM7 May 24, 2023

@Hi @Stefan Salzl

I will accept this answer.

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events