Can you make the greenhopper workflow(s) read only?

John Stanford February 4, 2013

It would be nice if the greenhopper default workflows could be made read-only like the JIRA default workflow. A text note about not editing them is not sufficient. Thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

I am guessing you are talking about the simplied workflow of GreenHopper.

There seems to be issue here since many cases users needs to customize those workflows to set custom postfunctions, for example, setting a resolutions, triggering builds, notifying hipchat etc. If it is made readonly, then users will not be able to do it.

While I agree that it is a very valid point for example for custom fields and there is something coming soon - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6152

John Stanford February 4, 2013

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. I guess I was confused a little by how the workflow is generated. It appears that a new workflow is created for each project. The workflow has the following description "Generated by GreenHopper version 6.1.2. This workflow is managed internally by GreenHopper. Do not manually modify this workflow." which could be a bit misleading unless there is some credible reason like it would break upgradability. If that's the case, it would be in conflict with your answer. If there is no inherent harm in modifying a greenhopper workflow, then the description should be changed.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

Actually that warning message is slightly mis-leading, you are right. But it achieves what it is meant for, scare off people who do not know what that workflow is for and those who know that it can be customized, will do it with care :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events