Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you import a Proforma form from another JIRA instance? If yes, how?

My clients want to migrate their project onto my JIRA server. Their instance has 10 custom Profroma forms that they want to move over. How do I export and import their forms onto my JIRA server without recreating each from manually?

2 answers

Hey there, Lachlan from the ProForma team here.

So, it is possible to migrate forms between environments. We are working towards supporting this natively as a feature, however for the time being the process for migrating forms is manual; it involves manipulating the API calls directly.

You can find our documentation on this here.

Thanks Laclan! I'll try it out

Hey, the info for manual migration has been removed from the wiki. @Lachlan could you share the steps using Curl for manual migration, please?

We have removed these instructions as they are quite brittle and can easily lead to broken form templates. If you would like the details please send us an email to support@thinktilt.com and we'll share what we have with you. 

However, the new form systems we are working on (in Q4 2020) will allow you to simple copy and paste form templates from one instance to another. 

ProForma also integrates with the app Configuration Manager for Jira which makes it easy to migrate forms between instances (Server and Data Center).

Thank you Simon!! Eagerly looking forward to this feature

@Chris Kuijpers - just wanted to update you on ProForma and the ability to copy forms.  With the new form builder, you can now easily copy from one instance to another ProForma and you can also copy individual form elements.

Just copy and paste as you normally would to copy forms between instances.

1. Open the source form in the form builder

2. Use keyboard shortcuts to select and copy all

3. Create a blank form in the target instance

4. Click into the blank form and paste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

240 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you