Can work logged replace the planned time in Tempo?

Cesar Sasaki September 7, 2020

Hi

I want to plan some hours to certain users , for example 4 hours per day for 2 days. 

But the user instead of using the 4 hours on day 1, he used only 3 hours (or 5). Can this 3(or 5) hours be seen on the Planned Resource view?

So I can effectively see what can I, as a coordinator, plan more or less hours next day?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

Hi Cesar,

when you have Tempo Timesheets installed you get a planned vs actuals report that will show you the planned time on a project/issue/resource versus what has been tracked against them.

https://www.tempo.io/blog/the-planned-vs.-actuals-report-in-jira-with-tempo

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/493158684/Planned+vs+Actual+Report+-+Tempo+Cloud

BR

Cesar Sasaki September 8, 2020

Hi @Alexander Eck [Tempo] 

I can not see the versus per issue and resource. Can you help me?

Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

Hi Cesar,

you can choose a different option under group by.

pl_vs_actuals.jpgIf you want to have more options there you could submit a feature request.

BR

Cesar Sasaki September 9, 2020

Hi Alexander, Yes I can group by User , but could not find by issue.

Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2020

Hi Cesar,

yes you are correct. Planned vs Actuals report only allows a grouping by Epics. You could submit a feature request to add an option for grouping by issue.

As a workaround you can pull a Timesheet report showing both planned and logged time and group it by issue.

pl_vs_act-issue.jpg

BR

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events