Can we use script-runner to run script right after change is made to a field?

Hung Nguyen January 13, 2015

I am trying to see if there is anyway to do some activities right after a field is changed (an option selected from a list), even before the Submit button is clicked.

What I actually wanted is to filter a second field selection list after the first field is changed.

Can Script-runner be invoked in that situation?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

You could have a post function which would make the change after the Submit button was clicked, or you can use JavaScript to make the change in the UI before the Submit button is clicked.

Hung Nguyen January 13, 2015

Thanks Boris, It's exactly what I'm using right now, using JavaScript to make change in the UI. The problem is that the Javascript (in the description of custom field) was not fired every time the Create Issue screen reloaded out of Project changed, and on the view issue screen where the selection list displayed ONLY when the field edit (pencil icon) is clicked for the field.

How can I register to run my javascript when the pencil icon is clicked for a field?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

I am not sure, I am not a JS expert, but hopefully someone else here can help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events