Can users log time in tempo timesheets in multiple cloud sites that reconcile to a master timesheet?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2022

Assume a company has 3 separate cloud sites.  Also, assume their pockets are not deep enough for Atlassian Access and are not in a single organization in the Atlassian cloud. 

Can they use tempo timesheets in all sites so that users who are common to multiple sites can log time and have a single master timesheet for management?

2 answers

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan 

I have used scriptrunner to pull tempo timesheet data for reporting to our HQ as csv

That process could be adapted to merge the data from 3 separate REST API calls.

I wrote that for a server instance using file system to create attachments. As part of our cloud migration I need to find an alternative approach.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2022

That would allow to merge data from different instances, but you wouldn't have a single timesheet for approval, right?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

I’m extracting data for upload to a separate external non-tempo timesheet system.

within Atlassian the sites would not be related to each other. With Access you could own the users consistently but that won’t unify the apps.

could you add application links and federate them as per server

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan , to my knowledge, that is not possible as each site has their own Tempo license and timesheets are limited to the current site.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

I assumed so but it's still disappointing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events