Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can turn off Components in the classic project

Is there a way to turn off components in the left hand side for classic?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Nov 09, 2020

Hey Sara,

I am pretty sure you can't turn that off/get rid of the link. Just curious though, why would you want to do that? 

The org decided not to use components for now and just use labels to make it less confusing for users.

Do you use components and labels? How do you use each one and what are the different use cases?

John Funk Community Leader Nov 11, 2020

We use components but rarely use labels. The reason is that labels are prone to typos such as Web Dev is not the same as Web Development or web dev or web development or webdev, etc. All of those could be labels that get added. And anyone can create a new label. So using Automation or Reporting would be a nightmare.

Converserely, components are only created by Project Administrators and appear in a list of values to select from. Never any typos or multiple entries for the same component. And reporting, filters, automation, etc. is must simpler. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

710 views 7 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you