Can the DevOps automation be used if only using Git integration for Jira?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

We have Git integration for Jira by https://bigbrassband.com/ and I am wanting to make use of the Automation for Jira DevOps options ("Commit created" for example). 

The Dev teams are using Azure DevOps with Git Repositories integrated with Jira via https://bigbrassband.com/git-for-jira-features.html

Is this currently possible? or would making use of webhooks and custom fields in Jira be the way forward (to record 1st commit info) under these circumstances?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shilpa Airi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hi Curt_Holley,

You should be able to use DevOps automation for your set up, you just need to make sure that work in Git is linked to a Jira issue key. 

Let us know how you go with that. 

Cheers,

Shilpa

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

Thanks Shilpa

Yes, I've since done some successful experiments.

Like Shilpa Airi likes this
0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

The Better DevOps Automation app provides 6 triggers to start automation rules from Git activity with the help of Automation for Jira.

You can implement a ton of automation rules (no code!) with these:

devops-automation-rule-changeset-accepted

Discl: it's a paid app and I'm a developer working on it.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2023

Update: Better DevOps Automation for Jira is now a FREE APP >>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events