Can't select 'Dynamic Forms' field in automation rule

Ivo_de_Vries December 3, 2019

Not really a question but more a improvement request:

We installed the quite popular and powerful add-on 'Dynamic Forms for Jira' that allows us to dynamically show/hide fields on the creation/edit screens.

For the app to work, either customfields of the type 'Dynamic' have to be created or an existing customfield has to be converted into its dynamic counterpart.

Problem is that these 'Dynamic Fields' are not selectable when creating a new automation rule (copying field values, etc.) although they are (on face value) exactly the same as a regular customfield.

Would it be possible to make these 'Dynamic fields' selectable in the automation rules? There is quite a big chance it is just a quick fix to make these fields selectable without existing functionality breaking (as they are basically exactly the same as the original custom fields). 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 3, 2019

Hi, Ivo!

I'm Ilenice, from Automation for JIRA Support team. 

Thanks for your suggestion! Yeah, actually customers have been looking for the same improvement, so we've been tracking this through https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1459. I've now also linked your request, counting this as one more vote. 

Having any other questions or doubts, please feel free to reach out again. :D

Cheers,

Ilenice

Ivo_de_Vries December 3, 2019

Thanks for the quick response! Did search but didn't find that improvement ticket. Will keep an eye on that one then :).

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user December 3, 2019

All right, Ivo! No worries :) Please feel free to reach out whenever you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Ilenice

Aashutosh Kumar May 19, 2021

I am able to select Dynamic Fields in Automation rule, but rule is not working.

Audit Log: No Actions Performed. 

0 votes
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 11, 2023

Hi,
we investigated that with our team. 
Currently, we don't have the technical possibility to implement such behaviour. 

I also encourage you to request that by our Service Management as that helps us to prioritize that higher at the Atlassian team.

0 votes
Tiffany Myers December 8, 2023

I do not have an answer, rather I am looking for the answer to this question but I try the link and I am being told I do not have access to codebarrel.atlassian.net.   

Any updates or suggestions or answers???

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events