Can't install Xray fir jira cloud

yassine farih November 29, 2018

we want to install from the marketplace for jira cloud but the installation fails and access to xray displays the following error .Test Runs List - JIRA 2018-11-29 17-08-28.png

I contacted the support team of expandiT and they told me "

As the licenses for Jira Cloud are managed by Atlassian you should reach out to them for this specific issue."

3 answers

0 votes
Shrikant Wagh May 20, 2021

So frustrating. Same issue. Xray support says talk to atlassian, No resolution yet from Atlassian - https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-661488

Have to start looking for other alternatives than Jira-Xray, if this does not get resolved in a week or so. 

Any suggestion for alternate solution to manage defects/stories and test cases using one tool other than HP ALM 

Any experience with TestRail? looks closer to Xray and have much better customer support.

I like Jira but Atlassian customer support is really bad, and no phone or chat support. it just all over email and hardly get any meaningful resolution.

I am still hopeful that i do not have to move away from Jira and Atlassian able to find the solution for this.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

Hi @Shrikant Wagh 

If you are having trouble adding Xray to your Jira account, this really needs to be handled by Atlassian support since it is Atlassian that manages all licenses in Cloud.

We the vendors don't have a saying on that, sorry.

Please don't judge the Xray support based on a single support ticket and on a subject that we don't have any control over.

If you can detail a bit more about what is happening, I can try to help within our capabilities.

Are getting any error message? Can you please share some screenshots?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
0 votes
yassine farih December 4, 2018

when i install the addon from the marketplace it does not install.

note that i have jira cloud

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2018

So what are you actually doing in order to install it, and what are the symptoms/behaviour you see when you say "it does not install"?

yassine farih December 4, 2018

1- i install xray

Atlassian Marketplace pour JIRA - JIRA 2018-12-04 13-44-05.png

2- it's displayed as installed but i don't see any licence.

Gérer les apps - JIRA 2018-12-04 13-51-03.png

3- and when i want to have access to xray configuration, i have the message "invalid licence app "

Test Types - JIRA 2018-12-04 13-54-56.png

Al Marshall May 7, 2020

Same problem. did you mange to fix it?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

First, go into the my.atlassian account that is used to licence and pay for your Cloud system, then look at the Apps you've added.  Is XRay listed there?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events