Can't enable Gantt Chart Plugin for Projects in JIRA 5.1.1

ConstantinQ August 27, 2012

Hi

After I installed the JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin as an evaluation verison I can't enable it in any project. Reason: The configuration button is missing.

Does anybody has a solution for this problem? Update? Other version of the plugin? Or am I something else missing here?

Thanks for support!

Kind regards

Constantin

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Please download and update to Gantt-Chart v.2.1.2 (JIRA 5.1.x) or v.2.0.3 (JIRA 5.0.x) having extended the permission aspect: both are functionally identical using the same source code but need different bindings.

Regards,
Frank

ConstantinQ September 4, 2012

It works after the update!

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Constantin

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi Iver,

thank you for your hint as I was not aware of this UPM-problem, getting no upfront feedback by Atlassian to upgrade and re-bind my plugin. Nevertheless, I upgraded the plugin's POM to use UPM 2.6.1 libraries and would like to test this within a separate environment before publishing. If you send me your contact details at frank@polscheit.de, I will send a pre-v.2.1.2 of my Gantt-Chart for validation.

Regards,
Frank

0 votes
Iver Grini August 29, 2012

Looks like the plugin does not behave properly with the plugin manager. It also has some issues with the license handling.

I was using an evaluation license which expired. Even though I entered a valid commercial license, the plugin would not work, still displaying a warning that the license was not valid (even though the plugin reported that it had a valid license when checking the configuration in the plugin manager).

I uninstalled the plugin, manually uploaded it and reapplied the license. The plugin then started working as expected.

Then, as described above, after updating the plugin manager, the plugin failed to enable.

Had to uninstall the plugin and manually upload the plugin file again (then reapplied the license). The plugin was then successfully enabled.....

Jira version 5.0.5, gantt plugin version 2.0.2, UPM version 2.6.1.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2012

Hi Constantin,

you must be a member of the project role "Administrators" related to this project LMS (membership of project roles are project-dependent) or a member of the JIRA group "jira-administrators".

Having renamed the role/group or using different ones beyond the standard JIRA setting out-of-the-box, need a corresponding Gantt-setting. This can be done via URL-call to gantt-settings passing the related group/role name as URL-parameter. As this is not very admin-user friendly, I have extended the Gantt-Chart AddOn concerning this feature and will publish it within the next version v.2.1.2 (JIRA 5.1.x) and v.2.0.3 (JIRA 5.0.x), soon.

If you contact me per email at frank@polscheit.de, I can send you the link for downloading the related JAR-file as part of my early-adapter-program, right now so that you are not blocked with waiting for my publishing.

Regards,
Frank

ConstantinQ August 27, 2012

Hi Frank

Thanks for you answer! I have for all projects the role "Administrator" either as a group member of the "jira-administrators" or as single user the project role "Administrator".

If I didn't misunderstood you, it should work this way? Maybe you have another hint how my problem could be solved?

Best regards

Constantin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events