Can't access Parent or Epic from Issue in Automation [next-gen]

Karim Shakirov April 9, 2020

Hello everyone! 

I'm looking for a way adding Epic Summary to Issue Summary.

For example: Epic "Core", Issue "Implement button A", Issue Summary becomes "Core: Implement button A".

I created simple automation for that, but it doesn't work. 

Снимок экрана 2020-04-09 в 19.12.04.png

As  Summary I  tried different Smart values:

{{issue.epic.fields.summary}} : {{issue.parent.epic.summary}} : {{issue.fields.parent.fields.summary}} : {{issue.parent.summary}} : {{issue.summary}}

but only issue.summary worked, and I get  ": : : : testissue" as a result.

We use next-gen projects, when creating issue, it already attached to epic/parent.

Снимок экрана 2020-04-09 в 19.17.55.pngСнимок экрана 2020-04-09 в 19.18.04.png

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hi @Karim Shakirov

I know the relationship between Epic and Stories uses a new link method rather than Epic Link in Next-Gen.

It's why in JQL you can't search for the Epic Link of a Next-Gen story - it's the parent you search for. See more on that in JSWCLOUD-17239 

I tried every combination I could find for this one - including reviewing the fields via JSON to see if I could locate a field ID to use instead but couldn't get it to work - so it might not be possible yet.

I'd advise contacting https://support.atlassian.com/ to get their advice - or perhaps drop a comment on the above issue I linked to - Nathan from Atlassian has responded there to other queries in relation to this.

Let us know what the response is!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events