Can scriptrunner for jira be used to open a dialog when clicking a transition button

Dale Miller February 8, 2017

I have found the web-item dialog example in the documentation for adding a link or button to open a dialog when clicked. I don't think this can be used to open a dialog when clicking on an existing transition button but if so is there an example somewhere? If not can the web-resource part of scriptrunner be used for this and if so are there examples of how to use it for this purpose as I can't seem to find anything. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2017

Why?  Transitions can pop up screens as dialogs, you don't need ScriptRunner to do that.

Dale Miller April 6, 2017

The request is to add a message in a dialog box when the user clicks re-open to encourage them not to do that if certain conditions apply.

M Vijay Kumar April 22, 2020

Hi Miller, 

Were you able to get a solution for this? I have a screen when moving from Status A ( from backlog) to Status B (Sprint Backlog). I Have used Fast Track Transition issue and unable get the Screen on performing the same.

Any suggestion would really help.

Thanks,

VJ

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

The point of a fast-track transition is that it does not need the user to enter anything else.  It can't pop anything up - there's nowhere for it to do it as it runs in the background.

I suspect Dale may have simply added text to the existing transition screen.

Dale Miller April 22, 2020

Yeah we had a field that we pre-populated with a message on the screen. I think it was an html heading field or something like that. We haven't used it in a long time. I never did find a way to do this and we moved on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2020

I'd have used a "message field" from the (free) Jira Toolkit app to put messages on screen.

M Vijay Kumar April 22, 2020

Hey all, 

Thanks for the suggestions. My point here is I am trying to change status of US  from backlog ( Status A) to sprint backlog (Status B) and I have some Validations which I have put as a part of workflow. 

These Conditions and Validations are being skipped when I am using Fast Track Track issue . Is there any other alternative way to achieve this? 

Any suggestions would really help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events