Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can objects in insight link back to objects they relate to them?

Hello,

In my Insight Schema I have two object types "Teams" and "Employees".

In my Team object I have the attribute Members, where I can list as many Employees as I need.

But with this set up, If I want a report of, how many members are in a Team it does not work. This only works if it is in the Employees object is where I put the Team.

As I do not want to do this (It is easier to go into a team and fill employees than search each employee to add its team), I was wondering if it is possible in insight that when I fill in my Team object the members attribute automatically each employee gets a attribute called  team filled with the corresponding team.

Best Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Sep 10, 2021

Hi @Lara Lopez ,

A bi-directional synchronized field/reference doesn't exist in Insight.

If you do want to have this functionality you'll have to look towards automation to change the field on the Employee if they are added to a Team.

So automation is the way to go!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Marketplace Partner Spotlight: Fine Software

Happy New Year, everybody! What better way to kick off 2022 than with a new Marketplace Partner Spotlight ✨ This month, we're getting to know Daniel Franz, co-founder of Fine Software. Fine Software ...

378 views 2 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you