Can hidden fields in Confiforms be used in creating a Jira through IFTTT?

Jasper March 5, 2021

Hi,

I've created two forms using Confiforms (Form 1 and Form 2). User fills up Form 1, and the fields get copied over to Form 2 when saved. In Form 2, the user can view his/her record from a table (TableView), click on 'edit' to fill in 2 more mandatory fields, and saving it fires the IFTTT creating a Jira (onModified).

It's working great so far, but my stakeholders would like to hide some of the fields in Form 2(copied over from Form 1), and I tried doing this successfully in two ways -

1. Turning the fields readonly (Rules for Field Definition)

2. Putting in my username in 'Visible only to groups/users' for the 'Confiforms form field definition'  macro for all the fields.

Here is the problem I am facing, when i tried Either of these ways (never both at once), these hidden fields were not mapped to Jira when previously they were (when they were not hidden).

Is there a way i can hide a field in Form 2 from the user, after it is copied from Form 1, and then using this field to map to Jira? 

P.S: with the fields hidden, a Jira is still created, but previously successfully mapped fields from confiforms to Jira are no longer being mapped (or reflected in Jira).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2021

Hi

Using Rules for Field Definition will help you to HIDE the fields (Hide field action) - no need to set them read-only

When you restrict visibility to yourself - no one else will be able to see the values from the form fields... that's the point of this parameter.  That is why these are not getting copied to Jira, as the user who initiates the transition does not have access to field values and therefore gets empty values when referencing the fields

Alex

Jasper March 8, 2021

Hi Alex,

As always, your replies are much appreciated. May I thus conclude then if users of my form have say 7 values 'hidden' in their form, due to not having 'access' to them, these hidden fields will not be copied over to Jira through the IFTTT macro of Confiforms? 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hidden or "view restricted"? Hidden fields can be copied, but "view restricted" cannot - that's the whole point of (access) restrictions

Like Jasper likes this
Jasper March 8, 2021

Hi Alex,

Got it. Used 'Hide Field' action from the Rules for Field Definition Macro to hide my fields, and it worked. Thank you for sharing about 'view restriction' 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events