Can Zephyr tests be created as a sub task of a story in jira

Viewing page 2 of 2

33 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Mr Reddy May 20, 2014

The following are the few CRITICAL Features, to add to the next version of Zephyr:

1) During the execution of test, If Status Selected as "FAILED" it must automatically generate a BUG with a Unique ID, along with sub task to assign the bug to a developer to fix it.

2) Add More fields instead of only 3 at Test creation. Like TEST STEPS, TEST DATA, EXPECTED RESULT and ACTUAL RESULT.

Deirdra Strangio June 5, 2014

Wouldn't the Actual Result be the Bug ticket it's self?

Also if a Test Step failed and could possably be the same issue as an existing Bug or Test Step from the same Test ticket, that would cause ticket administration overhead by creating a duplicate Bug tickets someone would have to sift through.

Bugs cannot contain Sub Tasks either.

0 votes
Deleted user February 24, 2014

Henceforth we have been creating two testing sub tasks for every Story - Create Test Case and Execute Test Case. Test cases were created in a spreadsheet or a Word document and attached to the Create Test Case sub tasks. This went well until we switched to Zephyr. In Zephyr we are now cloning a user story and updating it as a Test task. All test steps are then provided in this task with Create Test Case and Execute Test Case sub tasks linked to it. The result is that we now have an additional task, which we don't really want.

In a training session with Zephyr last week, we were told that Zephyr does not allow creating a sub-task. Does anyone know when this function is going to be available?

Deirdra Strangio June 5, 2014

(I hope I read your post correctly)

Personally a Sub Task ticket in a Test ticket does not make sense since the Test ticket is the Testcase.

0 votes
cwsitservices February 9, 2014

I'd just quickly like to add that would also find this very handy to do.

I have a section of a site (homepage for example) I’m testing which has a number of scenarios, these scenarios I would like to separate into tests however linking them as a sub-task to the main item being tested.

For example:

I would like to create a test item/ ticket called 'Homepage', which would then have all the user listed scenarios ("User wants to find out more information about X", "Y has no associated button target or text", "User must be able to carry out Z") as sub-tasks. These scenarios/ sub-tasks would then have the test instructions/ steps added to them, being able to split out the testing against various scenarios yet keeping them within the relevant section.

I would then expect to be able to easily report on the amount of coverage/ progress against a specific section through all the linked/ sub-tasked items/ scenarios. Also meaning that all sub-tasks must be closed before being able to close (sign off) the item under test.

0 votes
Xoom IT January 27, 2014

Hello,

Any update on when this would be added to Zypher? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Salman

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi Eric,

I added your endorsement to this request.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
clair clark November 20, 2013

Hi

This would be a real benefit.

Currently, we have to select each 'linked' test to see if it has passed.

Seeing the test as a sub task would give much more visibility.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Hi Janet,

I have also added your endorsement to this.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events