Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Structure Gantt leverage fix version dates for scheduling?

Hello! My team are active users of Structure, and interested in using Structure Gantt to visualize long term planning.

I get the concept of using start and end dates for a Gantt view.

But some of our projects don't use start and end dates for tickets.

Rather, they use the fix version field (also referenced in the "releases" of a project), typically for epics. And for those, we define the start end release date as part of the meta data of the fix version. So the "September 21" release has a specific start and end date associated with it.

Is there a way to drive Gantt timeline views based on the fix version, using this method? 

To be clear - with no explicit start/end data to epics, but with epics that have a fix version which have start/end dates defined.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello Tom!

I'm Alexey from ALM Works.

Starting with Structure 7.0 it should be possible to extract FixVersion's start and release dates in Structure Formulas (i.e. write a formula like `fixVersion.releaseDate`) and then use these formulas for Gantt's Manual Start and Manual Finish for Epics only (using Gantt Slices feature).

Structure 7.0 is going to be released within a week or so.

Does it sound like a something that will fork for you?

Best regards,

Alexey

Just to clarify, that's true for on-prem, i.e. DC/Server Structure.Gantt, it is not yet possible for Structure.Gantt Cloud, but I guess that Formulas are coming to Structure Cloud pretty soon so things gonna change.

Please, don't hesitate to ask, if you have anything to clarify!

Alexey.

Like # people like this

Thanks Alexey. Using formulas sounds great, thank you. But we are using Cloud, so that is a bummer that it's not sounding close. Any insight to projected timing would be welcome.

Hi, @Tom Quick. You should see Formulas in Structure Cloud sometime in the second half of this year if everything goes according to plan. Would you like me to put you on the notification list?

Best,

-dave [ALM Works]

Hey @Dave Rosenlund _ALM Works_  - yes please and thank you!

Will do :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

☕️ Monday coffee with Jexo: Weekly Atlassian news roundup | 21st June 2021

Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...

59 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you