Can JIRA and SharePoint be integrated together to create a Service Catalog?

Shua Ly April 16, 2020

Hi,

I was wondering if JIRA and SharePoint be integrated together to create a Service Catalog?

I want to use JIRA to track service request and track all I.T. services, but I want to use SharePoint as the customer facing website. Is there anyway to do this?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

Shua,

You technically could do this using Jira's web services and building an interface in SharePoint.  My question would be why when all of the functionality exists in the delivered product.    I know that forms can be more challenging in Jira so you might do what we did with one of my clients.  We created the service catalog in SharePoint and collected all of the information in a SharePoint form that initially created the issue in Jira via the web service.    This way they could have dynamic forms and could create them more quickly.  We used the web service so we could set the request type and other fields like priority on submission instead of just email.  Once the issue was created the user would use the Jira portal to track the status and respond to questions and SharePoint was no longer needed.  Maybe this is what you were thinking/wanting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events