Can I use Smart Fields in the Webhook URL?

Max Cascone November 28, 2017

The API I'm trying to hit with the Webhook action requires that the data is sent in the URL, not in the body. (I know, I know, it's a 3rd party API, I can't control it.) Is there a way to use the smart fields/mustache syntax in the URL field of the webhook action? I've tried a few syntax combos and am not getting any data from them.

1 answer

0 votes
Huw Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hi Max,

We don't support that feature right now, and it's not currently in the pipeline, but I imagine you could probably set up a small box to transform our webhooks into a format your service can handle?

Let me know if there's anything else we can do for you :)

Huw

Max Cascone November 29, 2017

The only response I seem to be able to muster here is, "huh?"

Huw Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hey Max,

What I meant is that you could set up a node.js server that receives our outgoing webhooks, collects the data from the body, and sends a request to the API you need to connect to.

Huw 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events