Can I to disable Tempo Timesheets for some user?

Joanita Tester June 7, 2019

I use Jira Software in cloud with Tempo Timesheets but I need use Tempo only for specific people in my squad. Can I disable Tempo for the other ones that don't need use this functionality? If yes, Are the disabled accounts billed?

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Under Global permissions there is a section for "Tempo Timesheets Access". There you can adjust who has access to Tempo Timesheets (restriction to the Tempo menu items).

However this does NOT effect the billing of the add-on. The billing is always done based on the Jira software user size.

BR

Pierre Maréchal August 18, 2020

It truly is unfortunate. My company, which has more than 500 JIRA users, does not have the same needs for all of its teams. Only a minority would need Tempo Timesheet at first. The fact of not being able to limit invoicing will undoubtedly lead us to use another tool.

Like # people like this
Nico Moser February 1, 2021

The same applies to our company.

Like Lesław Paździor likes this
Lesław Paździor December 29, 2021

We have the same issue, we have few developers/administration staff and many customers, but only developers and administration use timesheets; customers have no access to time data at all. So I really think that only real tempo users should be charged. That would be more fair.

@Alexander Eck [Tempo] what you think about my above answer?

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Lesław Paździor , 

At this time, licensing is managed by the Atlassian marketplace and it is unfortunately not possible to limit license fees based on who uses any particular add-on application.

Please take a look at https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/marketplace#licensing-purchasing, "Which license do I choose when purchasing an app" for more information.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 
Thank you for your kind and immediate answer! Oh yes, I see now. Actually I was suspecting this in my gut.
Did you talk with Atlassian about this issue and your customer expectations?

0 votes
Lucas Rodrigues de Oliveira
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2019

Hi Joanita,

you can remove this user from work on issues of the permission scheme, you can create a role for users who need user the timesheet and grant work on issue for this role.  

Joanita Tester June 10, 2019

I created a group without access to Tempo Timesheets and included a user in it. This user couldn't track time and access the Tempo menu but, in bill he is billed.
How can I remove the access of that users (who don't need use Tempo) for, in the bill, only calculate the active users?

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

(The quantity of users billed in Tempo is the same of the Jira)

Allison Law August 21, 2019

Hi Joanita, did you find an answer to this?

Evgeny Leksunin January 21, 2020

Hi @Joanita Tester and @Allison Law !

Have you found the answer of how to bill only certain users?

Like # people like this
Pierre Maréchal August 17, 2020

I have the same question. Is it possible to limit the access and the billing to certain users ?

Kadek Daprin Wakaliana August 22, 2023

I have the same question. Is it possible to exclude nonactive users from tempo timesheet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events