Can I resolve an issue's sub-task using a FishEye smart commit?

Sam Warner October 14, 2012

Context

I have a feature request represented as a JIRA issue with the handle PRJ-11. My issue has a sub-task with the handle PRJ-23. JIRA has the latest FishEye and FishEye Plugin installed and smart commits are enabled.

Question

If I was to make an SVN commit with the log message:

PRJ-11 #resolve #time 1w #comment Finished working on the complete feature

FishEye would resolve the parent issue (and presumably the sub-task while it was at it).

If I try to do the same with the sub-task:

PRJ-23 #resolve #time 1w #comment Finished working on the sub-task

FishEye detects the SVN commit and logs the activity against the sub-task, but it does not either advance the workflow of the sub-task or log any time against it or the parent issue.

Have I missed something in my commit message syntax or FishEye configuration?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2012

Hi Sam,

As far as I know, as soon as the sub-task has a "Resolve" transition, it should be transitioned. And time should be logged as well.

This is likely a bug. Could you please open a new issue at https://support.atlassian.com, mentioning your FishEye version, your JIRA version, your JIRA FishEye Plugin version, and also attaching a FishEye Support Zip (FishEye Administration >> Systems Settings >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip) and your JIRA logs ($JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log)?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events