Can I recover a Draw.io diagram?

Heidi_Moon May 11, 2020

Last week I spent 5 hours drawing a diagram. I am 99% sure that I saved my drawings - but i can't find my diagram now? :-( It's gone. I have checked drafts. 

Is there anything I can do? I am using: 

Confluence 5.10.7

4 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Heidi_Moon May 12, 2020

Hi @David Benson _draw_io_ 

Found a solution:

• Choose "File"
  • Choose "Revision History"

See different versions..

Shen Caeoon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 3, 2023

Thx, but I didn't find "Revision History" in "File"image.png

Mike Rink - draw_io
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2023

@Shen Caeoon I believe you may be looking at the stand-alone implementation of draw.io, not the Confluence app; they are different. 

Like Neghena drawio Diagrams likes this
7 votes
Abdullah Javid August 22, 2022

If you started creating the draw.io file from a Confluence page and the file is lost, you should be able to locate it by:

1. Open the page you started the "Create draw.io diagram" macro in view mode (close the editor). If you didn't publish this page, you should be able to locate it in your drafts.
  2. Click the ... (More Actions) button on top right. Then go to "Attachments > Files".
  3. You should be able to find your draw.io file there. Download it to your computer and the embed it back to the page using "Embed draw.io file" macro and choosing the downloaded file.
Fasahat Hussain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2022

Thanks for the solution, it saved me hours of work.

Aida de Reede September 21, 2022

Yes it worked for me as well. Thank you very much!

Rutger Deterd Oude Weme
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 31, 2022

this helped me also! tnx!

Alison Milne December 7, 2022

Thanks so much. This is great. 

Nihar Bhatt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 18, 2023

Couldn't  find ... more action button on top right

Three dots.png

Abdullah Javid April 18, 2023

The … button is on the Confluence page, not the draw.io diagram. The page must be in view mode.

Nir Alfasi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 28, 2024

How do I get to view mode? I have the ... in the top right corner, but there is no 'attachments' button there...

anirban.ghosh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

you are a life saver .. Thanks a zillion !! 

0 votes
Pete Phillips
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 3, 2021

same thing happened to me. I was working on a diagram and it's gone. not saved anywhere.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2021

Is this confluence cloud or confluence server?

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

What version of draw.io?

Heidi_Moon May 11, 2020

Draw.io plugin v. 7. 4. 5

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2020

Have you tried inserting another diagram on that page? If there's a draft it will be recovered.

Heidi_Moon May 11, 2020

Yes. Nothing comes up...

I've been working on a VPN connection and I might logged out just as i saved my diagram - and maybe that is why it is not saved?

Could that be the reason? 

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2020

Is there an attachment to the Confluence page of the name of the diagram you created?

Heidi_Moon May 11, 2020

Yes - and I did'nt attach it myself. Unfortunately, the attachment is not the updated version.

Juan Pablo González
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 20, 2020

well, happened to me,... i had been working for hours in a diagram and when i closed the browser, it dissapeared... lucklily i've exported it to PDF no long ago

dcluck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 18, 2022

I recovered my lost document by going into my Chrome history and looking until I found the link to diagrams.net.  I was logged into my google account at the time of creating the diagram.  So I don't know if that played a part in it.

AREEBA KHAN
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 22, 2023

I have been working on a diagram for 25 days. I saved everything on browser and today it is showing me file not found error. I am traumatized after reading this. Please somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Rink - draw_io
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 22, 2023

@AREEBA KHAN sorry to hear that! Your best bet is to reach out to us with a support ticket. We would be happy to help, just fill out the form here

Like Neghena drawio Diagrams likes this
Abdullah Javid June 22, 2023

@AREEBA KHAN did you start directly in draw.io or did you start from a Confluence page?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events