Can I hide a field in Table Transformer/Table Excerpt?

Tim Rice March 1, 2024

Hi- I have the macros below set up so I can enter a Discovery Date in the top table and it'll feed the date into the bottom & calculate a Due Date based on the formula (bottom screenshot).  Is there a way to only have the Due Date field display & hide the Discovery Date field?

Screenshot 2024-03-01 142951.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-01 145655.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2024

Hi @Tim Rice ,

At first let me tell you some hints about the page organization: it seems that on the upper screenshot you have an extra table or smth.

I mean that you have a table with the Discovery Date that you firstly reuse with the help of the Table Excerpt macro and then transform with the help of the Table Transformer macro.

So, why do you need another table with the same header between the Table Excerpt and Table Transformer macros?

What concerns the lower screenshot, the table under your Table Excerpt Include macro looks unnecessary. 

I suppose that through the Table Excerpt Include macro you "copy" the table with the Discovery Date from the upper screenshot. So, this header without any data looks unnecessary.

What concerns your original question, you may always adjust your SQL query to show only that columns which are important to you.

For example, on the lower screenshot I can see the beginning of your query:

SELECT *, FORMATDATE ... (and then you calculate the Due Date, I guess).

The * stands for "show me all the columns from the source table".

So, that's why you see both the Discovery Date (coming from the source table) and Due Date (that you calculate).

You may change your query as following:

SELECT FORMATDATE ...

I mean that if you have Column 1, Column 2 and Column 3 in your source table, the "SELECT * FROM T1" will show all these three columns. But if you use "SELECT 'Column 3' FROM T1", only Column 3 will be shown.

Hope I've got your case right.

Tim Rice March 4, 2024

Thanks.  Concerning the upper screenshot "extra table."  I was trying to teach myself how to do this by looking at different topics in this website, so I may not have done about it the most efficient way.  This is the SQL I have in the Table Transformer part of the top screenshot--

SELECT *,
(T1.'Discovery Date' + "30d")::Date->toLocaleDateString() AS 'Due Date'
FROM T1

If there's a more efficient way of doing it, please let me know.

On the bottom screenshot- my source table has only 1 column- Discovery Date, then it calculates & inserts the Due Date, so I'm not sure how to make a formula that shows only the Due Date.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2024

For the bottom table, as I see, you reuse the 1-column table from the upper screenshot: the manually created empty table consisting only of the header is not required.

"I'm not sure how to make a formula that shows only the Due Date." - please look at the second part of the previous reply regarding the * and direct column listing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events