Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I create a Confluence page with an Automation for Jira Rule?

Hello,

I would love to automate the creation of a Confluence page when a certain type of issue is created.
Uses of this:

Automatically create that an issue needs a meeting.

Create a page where the resolution of a problem/incident has to be detailed

Create a page to write why there is a dependency.

7 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Menere Community Leader Dec 19, 2018

Hi,

We don't currently have any integrations with Confluence. We haven't seen a huge demand for this yet and are tracking this at: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-269

Though interest is building and we will monitor this.

Cheers,

Nick [Automation for Jira]
Co-Founder

Hi Nick, 

I can't vote for the above feature request. It would be awesome if a Confluence page (with a tech design template) could be created based on the opening of a specific story. 

Thanks, 

Judit

Like # people like this

@Nick Menere 

We are using Jira and Confluence together to track and manage blog creation and publishing for a website.

Right now we create Jira issues to track each article from Idea -> Author Assign -> Draft -> Review -> Publish.

We also use Confluence to manage the actual blog content from draft to review to publish on Wordpress.  Atlassian has a great article on blog creation management using Confluence and Jira for their own internal blogs, which is what inspired us.

Right now we have to manually create a Confluence page for each new Jira blog tracking issue, and manually create the link between page<->issue.  (do this with a /jira link embed in the confluence page)

I'm surprised there is "huge demand" for automation like this.

Or maybe our approach is not efficient to begin with, is there a better way I'm not seeing?

Voting for an integration with Confluence here:) Would be awesome if you could create a Confluence page / from template from an A4J rule.

Agreed - we would love a Confluence page created when an issue is transitioned!!!

Like # people like this

you can create a confluence page using "send web request"

2020-12-17 12_43_21-Window.png

a trick I found it that you cannot have carriage returns in "Your Text", for the storage method of creating text, the "representation" must be "storage"

{
"title": "what ever you want",
"type": "page",
"space": { "key": "Some existing confluence space" },
"status": "current",
"body": {"storage": {"value": "Your Text","representation": "storage"}}
}

helpful links:

The Confluence Cloud REST API (atlassian.com)

Basic auth for REST APIs (atlassian.com)

Hi, Can you update your code to show how I can create a page with an existing template?

I don't know anything specifically, but I would fill in the desired template with dummy data, and look at the source format to get how to construct the page, and fill in the bits with the variables you want. just be careful about Carriage returns

don't do this

"text text text

text text"

do this

"text text text" &

"text text"

source detail.png

I don't have any coding knowledge so I was hoping if the code can be updated like this so I can get the template into the page that is being created

Also I wanted the title to be generated based on the Issue Number of the Issue based on which this page is being generated

{
"title": "what ever you want" + "Issue Number",
"type": "page",
"space": { "key": "Some existing confluence space" },
"status": "current",
"body": {"storage": {"value": "Your Text","representation": "storage"}}
"template": {"whatever template"}
}

Hello all,

One way to connect Jira Automation with Confluence is to use the plugin mailto.wiki - Send Emails to Confluence. Jira Automation can send emails as action and mailto.wiki can convert emails into Confluence pages/posts. This allows you to take advantage of Jira Automation and Confluence, e.g. weekly release status reports, automatically create notes for a certain issue types, etc...

If you are interested in this solution I have published a detailed blog post on this topic here:

Create Confluence Pages/Posts with Jira Automation

mailto.wiki is currently only available as a cloud plugin. However, at the end of April 2021, we will also release a server version.

Cheers

Hendrik

how is voting possible? 

I agree with this feature request.

Hi!

We have a Plugin just for that, it's named AutoPage and allows you to create and maintain Confluence-Pages from your Jira-Issues, keeping them in Sync. Pages are created from a Template-Page in Confluence and we do support Placeholders in this Page to reference all of your Issues' fields.

The Plugin is often used for textual Documentation (Sprint-Documentation, Retrospective-Documents, Featuere-Documentation-Pages) automatically from your Jira Issues.

Give it a try and let us know, if you miss anything.

Peter Körner,
Developer at //SEIBERT/MEDIA

Is the Plugin for the Cloud version?

Thanks,

Livia

Like Mahima Srivastav likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - April 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

290 views 3 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you