Can I copy a structure into another structure

Christophe Bouhon March 2, 2014

Hi,

The copy structure feature allows to clone tickets and select the target project where they will be created, additionally I'd like to be able to specify an existing structure to attach to. I'm using structure in the following use case: I have a structure template (containing a dashboard/checklist + score/weight for each item which propagates up the tree structure), each new project in our company gets a clone/copy of the template and populate the content. Currently the copy is done in a separate project/structure which is fine as long as we look at only one project at a time but I would like to have a single structure containing a consolidated view among all the projects such that I have a top level root, then immediately under all the projects and for each project the template I've defined.

Is this possible and/or on the roadmap?

Regards,

Christophe

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi Christophe,

In the current version, you can copy the contents from one structure to another via Copy/Paste - see details here: https://wiki.almworks.com/x/cwBy

So you can clone a template into a new (temporary) structure, copy the result into the consolidated structure, and delete the temporary structure.

In the future, we plan to work on making the copy/clone feature more flexible (allowing to insert the result somewhere directly, without temporary structures) and we'll also have the ability to actually insert one structure into another.

Hope this helps!
Igor

Martim Schnack March 28, 2014

Hi Igor, any idea when the ability to insert one structure into another will be released? +1 on that one!

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

Hi Martim, no idea yet! :) Sorry, we're just careful not to promise any dates, which then would be easy to miss. I can definitely tell that the release is not going to happen in the next two months. We will likely have a beta version this Summer.

1 vote
Christophe Bouhon April 18, 2014

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your answer. The workaround works and will do for now waiting for this new feature to be implemented.

Regards,

Christophe

Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2016

Structure 3.0 is now out, with structure-in-structure feature implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events