Can I check if an issue has no issue links, or specific links with Automation for JIRA?

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

I would like to check a condition where the issue being update has linked issues. In the case it doesn't, then automation can proceed to create the new issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

This is possible with the "Compare condition" already.

If you want to check that an issue has *no* issue links, you can do it like this:

{{#issue.fields.issuelinks}}{{id}}{{/issue.fields.issuelinks}}
Equals 
'empty' (just leave the field blank)

nolinks.png

This expression basically tries to loop through all issuelinks and prints out their ids if any exist. Checking for empty allows to check if there's no links basically.

You can also do more advanced stuff and check a specific issue link exists:

{{#issue.fields.issuelinks}}{{inwardIssue.key}}{{/issue.fields.issuelinks}}
Matches Regular Expression
.*TEST-6384.*

specificlink.png

This expression loops through all inward issuelinks (you can also loop through outward links) and prints out their keys if any exist. It then checks for a specific key using a regular expression match.

This is available in Automation for JIRA.  For a list of all available components please see http://codebarrel.io/available-rule-components.

Lars Böhnke December 30, 2020

I also try to improve the rule. However, I'd like to pass in a dynamic value, not a static one (like TEST-6384 in this example). So I would need to create a variable out of the first found issue key in the comment body. How can I do that? Or is there a way to check again for that exact issue key found in the comment body?

Like mb likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events