Can I associate a Tempo worklog attribute to an issue custom field?

vdastpak September 29, 2013

Hi,

I need to define an issue custom field called "Activity Type", which is given a value when creating the issue. Users will need to be able to overwrite this when logging work. Is this possible in Tempo?

Thanks,

Vahid

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

Hi Vahid

I don't know if JIRA supplies a REST API to get customfield-values for an issue, but if they do, you should be able to create some functionality as you describe. This would require using the SCRIPT worklog-attribute. Tempo unfortunately doesn't offer any support on writing such scripts.

Regards

Susanne

vdastpak October 1, 2013

Thanks Susanne.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Hi Vahid,

this is only possible for Accounts. When you have Tempo Account as a custom field, the worklog can get connected to a different account with the Account worklog attribute in Tempo. You can connect worklog attributes to your worklog, but they do not overwrite the custom field in JIRA.

Best regards,

Susanne (Tempo)

vdastpak October 1, 2013

Thanks Susanne,

I am basically looking for something with similar functionality but for a different purpose. The idea is for the worklogs to inherit the issue's custom filed value unless specified otherwise when logging work.

Can I create a "select list" custom field and a worklog attribute, ideally with the same name, and use a script to grab the custom field's value for the issue as the default value for the worklog attribute?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events