Can I apply formatting to Structure views?

Marc Carter October 20, 2014

The views of Structure plugin are very dry and unfriendly on the eye when working with even the most modest size Structure. Is there any way to apply formatting? What I'm hoping for is probably some way to define conditional format rules based on JQL/SJQL.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Hello Marc,

I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment. Please vote for this feature in our JIRA:

https://jira.almworks.com/browse/HJ-1945

Also, can you please provide some more details or an example for the case you refer too (format based on JQL/SJQL)? This would help us understand what users are looking for and implement the feature in way that works for everyone.

Kind regards,

Eugene

Christina Crimmins January 9, 2015

Please add my +1! I'm not able to vote (need a login for the ALM Works JIRA). This feature would be invaluable for improved usability of our board. Thanks!

0 votes
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Marc,

Thanks for the details! I'll add this to our JIRA.

Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist January 20, 2020

Hi Eugene,

Has there been any progress on this request?

Thanks!

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

Hi Rodolfo,

We now have Wiki Markup formatting in Formula columns, please, check this functionality and let us know if you like it or have additional suggestions: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Wiki+Markup+Advanced+Examples

Regards,

Egor Tasa
ALM Works

Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist January 22, 2020

Hi Egor,

What I think we are looking for is to highlight the full row, not just add formatting to specific field.

Will this be possible at any point?

Thanks,

Rodolfo

Like Dale Wolfe likes this
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2020

Hi Rodolfo,

There is a consideration to implement that, but no ETA yet.

Regards,
Egor

0 votes
Marc Carter October 21, 2014

Condition is based on JQL and just selects out the items to be formatted. Common sense rules on applying multiple conditions can be found in many applications

The format to apply would be defined some other way (don't know if thre is any standard here).

• Different colouring by jira project (ABC-123 is green, DEF-123 is blue).
    • condition: project = ABC
  • Bold/+1em for anything with children (that little triangle is way too small and delicate).
    • condition: ancestor
  • I see others asking for formatting based on missed due dates etc

A library of templates for common conditions would probably be nice

Please reference this page from HJ-1945 and (especially)  HJ-1828. I'm not going to register for another public JIRA tracker smile You would get much better community participation if you used OpenID or similar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events