Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I apply formatting to Structure views?

The views of Structure plugin are very dry and unfriendly on the eye when working with even the most modest size Structure. Is there any way to apply formatting? What I'm hoping for is probably some way to define conditional format rules based on JQL/SJQL.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hello Marc,

I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment. Please vote for this feature in our JIRA:

https://jira.almworks.com/browse/HJ-1945

Also, can you please provide some more details or an example for the case you refer too (format based on JQL/SJQL)? This would help us understand what users are looking for and implement the feature in way that works for everyone.

Kind regards,

Eugene

Please add my +1! I'm not able to vote (need a login for the ALM Works JIRA). This feature would be invaluable for improved usability of our board. Thanks!

Condition is based on JQL and just selects out the items to be formatted. Common sense rules on applying multiple conditions can be found in many applications

The format to apply would be defined some other way (don't know if thre is any standard here).

• Different colouring by jira project (ABC-123 is green, DEF-123 is blue).
    • condition: project = ABC
  • Bold/+1em for anything with children (that little triangle is way too small and delicate).
    • condition: ancestor
  • I see others asking for formatting based on missed due dates etc

A library of templates for common conditions would probably be nice

Please reference this page from HJ-1945 and (especially)  HJ-1828. I'm not going to register for another public JIRA tracker smile You would get much better community participation if you used OpenID or similar.

Marc,

Thanks for the details! I'll add this to our JIRA.

Hi Eugene,

Has there been any progress on this request?

Thanks!

Hi Rodolfo,

We now have Wiki Markup formatting in Formula columns, please, check this functionality and let us know if you like it or have additional suggestions: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Wiki+Markup+Advanced+Examples

Regards,

Egor Tasa
ALM Works

Hi Egor,

What I think we are looking for is to highlight the full row, not just add formatting to specific field.

Will this be possible at any point?

Thanks,

Rodolfo

Like Dale Wolfe likes this

Hi Rodolfo,

There is a consideration to implement that, but no ETA yet.

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - April 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

283 views 3 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you